Frequently asked questions about Allenhurst
1. Where is Allenhurst's Borough Hall and their hours of operation?
Borough Hall is located at 125 Corlies Avenue. Borough Hall is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. During the Summer, Borough Hall is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00am - 4:30pm and on Friday from 8:00am - 2:00pm.
2. Where is the Police Department located and how can I contact them?
The Police Department is located at 125 Corlies Avenue adjacent to Borough Hall. In the event of an emergency, please call 911. For all other issues, please call 732-531-2255.
3. Where is the Fire Department and First Aid Squad located and how can I contact them?
The Fire Department and First Aid Squad is located at 318 Hume Street. In the event of emergency, please call 911. For all other issues, please call 732-531-7239.
4. Who do I contact to arrange public utility service or call when I am having problems?
Water: New Jersey-American Water Company 1-800-652-6987
Power: Jersey Central Power and Light (formerly GPU Energy) 1-800-662-3115
Gas: New Jersey Natural Gas Company 1-800-221-0051
Cable: Comcast of Monmouth County 1-732-542-7603
5. Where can I register to vote?
Please contact the Borough Clerk at 732-531-2757 to find out where to register and vote.
6. Do I have to be a member of the Beach Club to use the beach?
No, you can obtain a daily badge to enter the beach at the end of Cedar Avenue at Ocean Place.
7. Are there any restrictions on pets at the beach?
Yes, pets are not allowed on the boardwalk or beach between May 1st and October 1st.
8. Can I leave my car overnight at the train station?
Yes, but the Borough accepts no responsibility for damage that may occur.
9. What are the conditions at the beach today?
Although we are working on setting up a camera at the beach club, you can go to the hyperlink on our homepage or the one listed below and get weather conditions and a view of the ocean using Belmar's camera. The conditions will be similar at the Allenhurst Beach Club. http://www.belmarcam.com/